When a patient experiences a broken tooth, lost filling, or unbearable pain, they need you. They rely on your practice, including their professional relationship with you and your staff to help them through their own crisis.
Marketing for dental practices during a time of chaos like COVID-19 can be adjusted in a few simple ways. At the top of the list is assuring your patients that they will be safe as they visit your office. Dental offices are already held to high standards of hygiene and cleanliness; here are some additional measures suggested by the CDC:
- Postpone non-emergency procedures when possible.
- Use virtual platforms to assist in triage and tasks that can be done remotely, such as refilling prescriptions.
- Take the temperature of anyone entering the facility.
- Limit the number of people in the waiting area.
- Encourage physical distancing.
- Require patients and visitors to wear a fast mask. If they do not have a face mask, they should be offered one.
- Staff should wear surgical masks and PPE, including eye shields.
- Staff should be mindful of increased handwashing and hand sanitizing.
- If emergency dental care is medically necessary for a patient who has, or is suspected of having, COVID-19, follow CDC’s Interim Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations for Healthcare Personnel During the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Pandemic.
Marketing for your dental practice during this time requires increased attention to ensure the safety of both patients and staff. The next step is to highlight those measures on your website, social media posts, and any printed materials. By making these changes and then publicizing them, it could make the difference between staying open or closing your practice.
If you need help with your digital marketing, we at My KPI are ready to assist.