Moving is stressful for families, but moving during a pandemic adds an additional layer of concern for both clients and employees. Marketing your moving business during this time means clearly conveying to your customers how you are incorporating the latest recommendations about sanitization during the move, monitoring employee health, and controlling the transmission of the virus. All these new issues must be dealt with as part of your marketing effort to protect your hard-won reputation as a stellar moving company.
According to the CDC, moving companies must address the following:
- · Having a regular screening protocol for symptoms of COVID-19
- · Replacing handshakes with another form of friendly greeting
- · Practicing social distancing
- · Disinfecting moving equipment and items to be moved
- · Wearing face coverings
- · Following recommended hand-washing techniques
- · Wearing disposable gloves
- · Using hand sanitizer
- · Cleaning and disinfecting equipment after the move
Only those companies who accept this responsibility are on the right path to staying in business. The next step is marketing your moving business as a protector of the health and safety of your customers: Update your website and social media pages, as well as any other components of your marketing campaign, to highlight those changes.
Let us know at My KPI if we can help.